Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Shine Bright


May already! Hard to believe! Well, today I have a layout for you based on Leah's sketch for SOUS. The sketch itself looked kind of mixed media to me and here's the thing...I do mixed media and I do layouts, however, I don't do mixed media layouts lol. Oh, believe me I've tried and I just don't like how they turn out for me. There are so many stars of that particular style, but alas, I'm not even going there. So to that end, the paint swipes became layers for me. :) You just have to interpret things according to your own style and that's the beauty of it!

Anyways, the photos were taken of Renee before we left for her dance performance. She took ATS this term and loved it. The girl just shines when she dances. Here's a shot of her in another dance she performed....


Good thing she had time in-between to get changed. I used an odd collection of patterned papers for the layout. They are Bo Bunny's Sweet Tooth, which is primarily focused on cooking and baking, but the colors were perfect for her outfit and of course, I love the cute patterns.

Please stop on by the SOUS blog and see what designers are showcasing daily over there. Remember to link up your project on the side bar!

Materials- Bo Bunny Sweet Tooth Patterned Paper, Combo Stickers, Trinkets, Brads and Noteworthy, Flowers- Prima., iam roses and Bazzill, Cardstock- Bazzill, Leaves- iamroses, American Craft Thickers, Doily- from my stash, Brad- Making Memories

 

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Awe, these are great! Pictures are fantastic and Renee is gorgeous. Proud of her!